Saturday, August 19, 2006

Ok, a while back I found a website, The Tanker Brothers. They are a couple soldiers with a blog and a cause. It's a really neat website if you haven't ever heard of it. Anyways, their cause is to show the world that we support our troops. The anti-war people started a "Rolling Fast" to show that they are against the war. Well, The Tanker Brothers started their own fast, "Rolling Victory Fast", to show the world that we support our troops, no matter what political views you have.

So, I volunteered to show my support for the troops. Today was my day. Before I even got out of bed this morning I prayed that the Lord would give me the strength to do this with no problems. It hasn't been bad, at all. I haven't even been tempted to eat. Showing my support for my wonderful husband and the rest of the troops is worth it, that's for sure! After all they do for us, what's one day? Besides, there's nothing like the feeling of standing for something worthwhile.

Grandpa's doing better than the previous post. He's still in the hospital, but they're starting to try to get his medicine regulated. Hopefully he'll be a little back to normal pretty soon. At least so he's not out of it so much, because of the drugs they've had him sedated on, that he doesn't recognize anybody.

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Thats great Michelle! I just went over & signed up too. It's the very least I can do!!!

Michelle said...

I am proud of you for your stand. I am gonna go check it out too. I am sorry to hear about your grandpa but I am glad that he is feeling better...

congrats on loosing the pounds that is a great accomplishment...

Charla said...

That's awesome Michelle! Way to go!! I'm definately gonna go over and sign up too!!!! Take care girl!!

Glo said...

GOOD JOB !!!!
Take care. Hope your grandpa is doing better.
I think i found the pounds you lost.
With it getting closer for Mike to come home all i want to do is eat...Nerves i guess....
Love Ya my friend.

Monica said...

I will have to check it out. Thanks for the link. I'm glad to hear your grandpa is doing better. Prayers to you and your family.

kbug said...

Good for you, Michelle. I read about this on Some Soldier's Mom's site recently. Katie is going nuts with the Wear Red Friday thing and is making us some red t-shirts that say Support the Troops on the front and have Seth's name on the back.....lol. Sounds like the troops are getting support from all over...and they certainly deserve it.

I'm glad your Grandpa is doing better, it's so hard to watch someone you love fade away like that. I'll keep him in my prayers.