Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter has been an alright day. My brother, Matt, was here and we had a little Easter egg hunt. Matt says that we're all getting too old for that (we're 25, 22, & 15). My sister and I both say that you're never too old for an Easter egg hunt. Yesterday was a pretty good day. It was alumni weekend, so my dad, mom and I went downtown to the parade, my sister was riding on one of the floats, the best float in the parade, in my opinion. They did a "Spirit of 76" theme in support of the class of 76. It was pretty neat.


After we got done at the parade I took my sister and we went out to eat with a few of my high school friends. Of course the majority of them have kids, so we didn't really get to talk because they were tending to their kids, so, we left and went home. After awhile one of my friends called and said everyone was finding babysitters, so we could all go out and just have a girls night. They came and got me and we went out and just caught up on old times. I had a pretty nice time just hanging out with the whole gang from high school. I really have only kept in touch with one of them since we graduated, but we don't talk that often. I started to drift apart from the other one's our senior year, so it just divided us more after we moved on from school. Of course I guess it doesn't help that I moved away from town. Our class as a whole didn't do anything. Apparently the senior pres., vice pres, and secretary are supposed to get something together for the class, but our president decided that she hates everyone from this town so she refused to get everyone together. I don't know why someone else didn't do something to get a reunion together though. We've been graduated for five years, and that seems so unreal to me. One of the girls I went out with said that when it comes time for our 10 year she's going to put something together, and those who want to get together will, and those who don't won't. I think it's sad that one person can ruin the whole event for the others. It's not that I was a big fan of seeing everyone I graduated with, because the majority of them I couldn't care less about. However, it should be up to each person if they want to see everyone, not one person. Anyways, I was hesitant to even go out with them, but I'm glad that I did. It gave me a chance to get away from the house, and just hang out. The sad thing is that it took alumni to get us all together, when we all live here in town. Oh well, better late than never.

0 comments: