Saturday, April 08, 2006

Yesterday was a weird day. As I was typing my last blog, my mom came in my room and told me there was a fire down the road from us. So, I finished what I was writing, and went to look outside. The whole neighborhood was covered in smoke, we couldn't even see across the street. My sister was at another house, babysitting, and called because she was done, so my mom went to get her, and told me to keep my eye out to see if the fire came any closer. We could see neighbors outside watching the fire, and it just seemed to be getting worse. Sirens screamed past several times. My mom and sister finally got back home, they had went down the street to see where it was exactly. It was across the highway that runs past our neighborhood, in a valley. The whole state has been in a burn ban for several months, but people seem to have a hard time not throwing out their cigarettes and such. It's very irritating. My mom said that to be on the safe side we might want to gather a few things just in case it spread any further, because the wind was blowing pretty bad. So, I got a few of my things together, and some of Eric's things. Luckily they got it contained before it got to anybody's house, so there was no structure damage done. I was so glad that it didn't get carried over the street to us, and that nobody was hurt.

My sister, Meagan, told me that her bus driver asked her if I was back in town, and Meg told her yes, for a while. Meg then told her that my husband was overseas, and the bus driver said, oh so she's still married? I figure that the town has us divorced, with me getting both vehicles in the divorce. He got the house and furniture, but doesn't pay his alimony on time. Ha! On April Fool's Day, my sister and mom decided to play a joke on me. My mom told me that my sister's friend, that had stayed the night the night before, thought she was pregnant. It wouldn't be her first friend who has ended up pregnant, so I bought it. I was upset though, because I have known that particular friend forever, and she's not that type of girl. My mom asked me to run them to Wal Mart to get a pregnancy test so she could find out if she was or not. I told her I would, but she would have to buy it because I didn't need that rumor flying around when my husband's been gone for 5 months. Needless to say, it was just a joke, one that I didn't find to be too funny. Ahh, the joys of living in a small town, rumors about anything and everything.

Less than a month to go, it's so exciting. I bought another outfit, one for when we go out to dinner for our anniversary (early) while Eric's here. It's so good to get things for when he'll be here, that means it's getting close.

1 comments:

Courtney said...

Man small town livin...glad I don't have to experience that one. I am glad no one was hurt in that fire.