Wednesday, April 26, 2006

It's the weirdest thing, but the check engine light in Eric's truck hasn't come on in several days. My dad hasn't done anything since he changed the spark plugs, and he reset the light. It came on a couple days later, but then he reset it again, and it hasn't come on. We have both drove it several times and still no light. It's so strange because he took it over to Auto Zone yesterday to have them check to see if it was the sensor, before he took it to the dealer tomorrow. They said they couldn't check it if the light wasn't on, so he tried to get it to turn on, but it wouldn't. So then I drove it all over last night, but still no light. Then today I took it for another ride. I totally give this to God, because I know that without Him it would still be on, and I would have taken it to the dealer and spent Lord only knows how much on it. So I am very grateful. That's a big load off.

I got an email from my sister-in-law (Eric's brother's wife) today. She said that my mother-in-law sent her some pictures that my mom had taken while she was down last weekend. She gave me the nicest compliment. I've never met her in person, but she seems like a very sweet lady. They live in Alaska, so I've never met his brother either. She said that they were thinking about coming down after Eric comes back home for good. I think that would be such a wonderful surprise for him. He's been wanting to get up there to see his brother since before we were married. In fact one of the things that we first talked about was taking a road trip to go see him. That didn't happen, but it would be nice if they could make it down.

We are down to the low double digits before Eric starts his journey home for R&R! I'm so excited. I went and got my hair trimmed today, he told me to be sure not to let them cut too much off. I have done lots of shopping and packing. I've made plans with his mom, I've checked the reservations at the hotel (a few times, lol). The only things that I have left to do is to clean the inside and outside of both our vehicles and finish packing. I am so ready to make that trip to pick him up. It's so wonderful to know that I will soon be in his arms again, right where I belong!

0 comments: