Saturday, April 22, 2006

My mother-in-law came down today. It was a pretty good visit. She was as talkative as ever, but my family didn't say anything about Eric coming home, so we're safe with our surprise. I was very glad that they didn't slip and ruin it for us. I knew that they wouldn't do it on purpose, but you never know when an accident will happen. I enjoy visiting her every once in a while, and although she makes you want to scream with her incessant talking, she's a very sweet and loving person. I was upset with my dad and how he acted while she was down. I don't think she seen what he was doing, but I did and I would have been really mad if the situation was reversed. She was sitting down in the chair, across the room from me, and I was sitting in a chair next to my dad who was laying on the couch. She was going on and on about whatever it was, and I look over and my dad is pretending to load a gun and shoot himself. I know that had she looked over in his direction at all he would have seen her. I was offended, and my feelings were hurt. She's here at the house after them not seeing her in about 2 years, and he can't be courteous to her for a measly 4 hours?! Give me a break. After that we went to the park, and left my dad home. After she left I came home and told my dad that is was 4 hours out of his life, would it kill him to be nice to her? I also told him that if he went up to visit her and she acted like that I would be very upset. It's Eric's mom and she's nice enough to drive 2 1/2 hours to bring Easter things for me and Eric how many MIL's would actually do that? Especially when their son's not even around. I think my dad feels bad, because I know that he was just trying to be funny, but doing things like that where your guest can see it, is very rude.

0 comments: