Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Tomorrow I have to take Eric's truck into the dealer to get a diagnostic test done on it. My dad was able to get the engine light to go off, but it came back on a day or two later. So I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon to see what's wrong with it. I'm praying that it's just the sensor, because it is running just fine. There are no weird noises, and it drives wonderfully. After my dad got the light to go off I told Eric that it was off, and I haven't told him that it came back on yet. I figure there is no reason to make him worry about it, when I don't even know what's wrong. I will tell him about it, just as soon as everything is fixed.

We have a suite reserved for two days when Eric gets home. We talked about it today and we agreed that the closer it gets to us being together, the more two days doesn't sound like very much time alone together after six months apart. I don't know if we're going to change our plans though. His mom doesn't know that he's going to be here next month. I'm going to call her at the beginning of May and make plans with her and my sister-in-law to have dinner with them, so that we can surprise them both. His mom has always said that someday she really wants someone to surprise her (it's very hard to come up with something that she would be surprised about), I figure that this has got to be it, hopefully. I just hope it goes as planned.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Renting a suite sounds fun. And I would want more than two days too. How long is he going to be home? And the surprise dinner sounds good. At first I thought it was a bad idea to surprise his parents because they wouldn't have asked off so they wouldn't have time to spend with him but now that he told them I realize we aren't going to have any alone time. Such a dilemma.

Michelle said...

He's going to have 15 days. I know what you mean. I figure that we might as well take advantage of having some time to ourselves before everyone in his family bombards him.