Thursday, April 13, 2006

Since Eric left I have been keeping a deployment journal. I've found that it's a very good way for me to get out all the things that I'm feeling, so that when he reads it he will know exactly how I have handled this separation. Of course, I don't write down things that would make him feel badly about having to be gone, because that would defeat the whole purpose of my writing it. It's just my way of showing him how much I support him and will stand by him no matter how long he's away, or how far apart we are. I have been pretty faithful at writing in it, only skipping just a few days out of the 5 months, 1 week and 4 days that he's been gone. I found out that this journal is exactly the right amount of pages to make it through this half of the deployment. It will get me through until he comes home for leave, and then it will be full, so I will have to start another one for the second half. Even though it's been over 5 months since he's left I am still used to him being here for me to tell my thoughts and feelings about everything to. We've always been the best of friends and able to communicate about anything and everything. So, it's very therapeutic for me to get all my thoughts down that I am unable to share with him at the time.

My sister was laughing at me because I already have some of the things that I am going to be taking with me to get Eric from the airport in a bag. I just figured that the things that I don't need at this moment could be packed and ready to go, so I don't end up forgetting them when it comes time. I guess you could say that I'm definitely not a procrastinator. Although she doesn't have any room to laugh at me. When she came up to our place last summer, she was going to be spending about a month there. Well, she's the type of girl that thinks that she has to pack every piece of clothing that she ever owned to go anywhere, for any amount of time. So, when she was packing to come up to our place, she brought 3 bags of clothes, and 1 bag of shoes, big bags. She even pre-packed, twice, to make sure everything would fit, lol!

1 comments:

Courtney said...

That journal sounds like a good idea. And I am the complete opposite of you. I am the biggest procrastinator ever. I hate being that way but it is so hard for me not to be. OH well.