Friday, April 07, 2006

Eric went to his briefing yesterday. They have two every Thursday. He slept through the first one, but made it to the second. He's supposed to eamail his platoon sgt today and see about getting his leave form. I'm so excited. It's less than a month now that we have left! I called the hotel that we are going to be staying at to confirm our reservation, and also added an extra day. We talked about it and decided that two days isn't enough time for us to have alone. Once we leave there we will either be at his mom's or my parent's, so it's the only time that we will have totally alone. I'm glad that we extended our stay. He said that the chaplain that gave his briefing said to make sure not to book every day that they will be home full of things to do and to give themselves time to rest. I thought that was common sense, but apparently it's not.

I went to the carnival on Wendesday with my mom, sister and two of my sister's friends. We had a pretty good time. I love the tilt-a-whirl. That's my favorite ride. My sister and her friends went off to do their thing, so my mom and I rode the rides together. We had an alright time. Eric asked me to look and see if they had a booth that sold stickers, he wants a ram for his Dodge. I told him I wasn't sure if they would have one or not, but I would look. Apparently I've never taken him to a carnival in western Oklahoma! There were two booths. Neither of them had anything special.

My dad took Eric's truck to the shop yesterday to get it diagnosed. The guy hooked it up and checked it. It took him about 5 minutes to figure out that he doesn't know what it is. He said that it could be anything from a hose that isn't hooked on tight to the gas cap not being on tight enough, but he said it isn't anything serious, so that's good. I told Eric, and he was thankful that I took care of it. He told me that he was grateful that he has a wife that can take care of the things that need to be taken care of while he's gone. That made me feel good.

1 comments:

Courtney said...

Yay! I am glad you booked the extra day. You are lucky you guys know the day so far in advance. And yeah I thought that down time was common sense too. I actually love just relaxing and watching movies and cuddling.