Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I absolutely love Flag Day! It's so wonderful to drive down the roads and see them lined with the American flag. It fills my heart with pride, especially now that I'm more aware of the things that are going on. Until I met Eric and we decided to go active duty I didn't pay much attention to the news and the things that were going on in the world around us. Granted I was still in high school. I was only 19 when Eric and I got married. So, of course politics and the world's affairs were not top on my list of things to think about. However, now that it's in my life on a daily basis, and I'm going through the deployment process, I am extremely aware of the fact that days like this and Memorial Day are a big part of who we are as Americans. It seems to slip the minds of most, but those of us who live with it know. The flag represents so much in my eyes, and each time I see one waving it brings a pride that I never knew existed.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!

4 comments:

kbug said...

Oh yeah, I especially love to sit at the table in our backyard and watch the flag over our house as it waves in the breeze...the snapping sound it makes is like music to my ears. So peaceful, yet so moving.

Courtney said...

That was so sweet Michelle. I like your new look too:) Take Care chic!

Anonymous said...

Chelle,
I just wanted you to know that I seen the new background, and I really like it. Good job pickin' the picture. I love you.

YOUR LOVING HUSBAND

Glo said...

All over town there were Flags waving.It's was just beautiful to see them.I want everyday to be FLAG day.