Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I feel very blessed that Eric and I have been able to keep a good line of communication since he's been gone. Because of that we have grown with each other and we've learned a lot throughout the months he's been gone. I have certainly learned a lot since he's been gone. I've learned that I'm stronger then I ever gave myself credit for. I've learned that when I need something done I can do it. I've learned that I can do anything I put my mind to, but most importantly, I've learned that I have to loosen my grip on my marriage and my life and let God do His work. Before Eric left I must admit that I let myself go, in a big way. I neglected the fact that I was supposed to keep myself up for my husband. He always told me how beautiful I was, and I know that he honestly thinks I was, but I was not at my best, and for that I'm ashamed. So, I've done a lot of work on myself since he's been gone. I'm working hard at getting myself into the shape I need to be in, so I can be a better wife for my husband. I want to be in good shape for him, for our future children and for myself. I've made a lot of progress, and I have to give all the credit to the Lord. I've tried many times and failed because I didn't ask God for His help in my situation. When Eric left I finally did ask the Lord for help, and He has came through in a big way. So, although I'm extremely embarrassed by the first picture, I would like to show the progress that the Lord has made in me. The first picture was about a year ago, before Eric left when we were living in Kansas. The second is from last month, when Eric was home on R&R.


4 comments:

Courtney said...

You look amazing. Wow. I am so proud of you. I think all of us realized we are stronger than we thought. This deployment kind of makes us re-evaluate ourselves. Being alone makes us realize who we are and makes us want to better ourselves. You are doing great. Keep it up. You are a strong woman and you are right, you can do anything you put your mind to.

Courtney said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Courtney said...

That is so great Michelle! Your doing a great job. Wait till Eric comes home & sees you....WOOOHOO!:)

kbug said...

Aside from the obvious difference in weight, I noticed the huge smile on your face. I wear quite a huge smile on my face now that I'm skinnier, too. No one except someone who has been there can really understand how good it feels. You go girl, I understand where you're coming from..... :)