Sunday, June 18, 2006

Today when Eric called me, he said that at the USO trailer that he was at they gave him a phone card and told him to call his dad. I could hear the sadness in his voice because he doesn't have a relationship with his dad. I felt bad for him but I told him not to worry because he did have a dad, my dad.


I've always had a good relationship with my dad. I am a big daddy's girl. When I was little we would go to the store and tickle our noses in the foam that a pepsi creates when you get a fountain coke. When it would rain we would run outside and go through the waterfalls that would come pouring the houses in our neighborhood. He's been there for me in good times and bad and I've always been thankful that he's in my life. Times have gotten hard for my dad, but he's always managed to put his family first. When I met my husband, dad immediately began treating him like a second son. The first time they met dad gave him the "If you hurt my daughter" speech, but from the reaction he got from Eric he knew he didn't have to worry about that. From that time on they have been best buddies. Eric calls him dad, and dad always refers to Eric as his son. So now when it comes to our everyday lives, my dad is not my dad, he's our dad, and for that I'm extremely grateful. Thank you Daddy!!!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Thats great Michelle. Sounds like you have a great dad! Hope you had a nice weekend:)

Michelle said...

That is so sweet!