Friday, June 16, 2006

It's been a rather long and boring week for me. I'm tired of being here in this house with all my family. My brother has moved back in too, he's 25. It's kind of the family joke about us living here. When my brother told his friend that I was moving back here when Eric left, he said, "That sucks for your parents, do they like that idea?" Matt (my brother) says "They're used to it, one of us is always living there." Which is totally true. We're like grown boomerangs. We try our best to leave, but it seems that at least once a year one of us has to move back in. Of course it's not that we're just sponging off of our parents, we both contribute to the household. Matt moved back because he's working on an oilrig for the summer, while he's not going to school. I, of course, am here because of Eric's deployment. My parents don't mind us being here, but I think having 4 adults and a teenager under the same roof is just asking for trouble. It's definitely not a recipe to help lower your blood pressure. I miss Eric so much. I miss having our own place with our own things with our own way of living. It's very unnatural to be here.

On the brighter side Eric did leave me a comment on my last entry. It's his first one, and I love it! He's so sweet.

4 comments:

Glo said...

Living back home isn't so bad.My Daughter is living with me for a while til she fines a new place. The only thing is she works nights and I have to be quite. I get up early if I sleep at all. so we're a good pair.....ha ha hee hee
Love Glo

Courtney said...

I know what you mean after my first was borm Matt & I had to live with my parents & sister who was a teenager. It was HELL! LOL! Hang in there. It won't last forever. He'll be home soon & you'll be outta there!

Oh his comment....how sweet!

kbug said...

I sometimes feel sorry for Katie having to live with us while Seth is deployed. It was their choice, but they really wanted to save some money while he was away and that was the only way it would happen...and she was nervous about staying at hood when she didn't know anyone there yet. I've enjoyed having her here, and I think we get along great, but I know how desperately she wants her own place. It's so hard to live with someone else after you've been on your own. She's trying to get on-base housing before Seth gets back, but the list is extremely long...so, we'll see. Hang in there, girl, all of you who have been displaced by this war will find your own place again soon.

Michelle said...

I understand the moving back home. I did it only once and thought that I was going to die! LOL. But this is a time that you do not want to be alone and just be thankful your parents are there for you, treasure this time that you have with your family. When your hubby comes home you two get to start another chapter in your book...