Sunday, June 04, 2006

I'm still trying to find a place to live up in Kansas. I never would have guessed that it would be so hard to find a place that has what we want. I guess it makes it harder since I'm not up there to actually drive around and look. I did find one that had what we wanted, and was in our price range, but the guy said it would probably be rented by the time I made it up there to look at it. I also found one in another town, but Eric didn't like the idea of the long drive. I'm ready to find a place and be able to move our stuff back into it. I might not stay up there until closer to time for Eric to get home, but I want a place that we can call home. It stinks that we have all of our things in storage, and they've been there for the past 7 months.

It was 7 months ago on the 2nd that Eric left. We still have 5 months left. Man, could time pass any more slowly? I swear, I thought that getting a summer job would help pass time away, but it seems to have made it slow down even more (if that's possible). I don't necessarily like working for the friend that I'm working for. She asked me for my help, so I agreed. I didn't go down there looking for a job. Yet, it seems to me that she's already taking advantage of my kindness. Oh well, I'll have to see if I am willing to stick it out. Many more days like the other one I had, and I surely will be finding something else to do to occupy my time.

I took my computer to the repair man the day before Eric left to go back overseas. He kept it that night and I went and got it the next day. It cost me $70. Well the day after I got it back it messed up again, so I called him. He told me that it was probably something different, but to bring it over and he'd check. So, I figured he was going to charge me again. Instead of taking it back I took it down the street to the repair guy that lives a couple houses away from us. He fixed it and when he called to tell me it was done, he said that whoever tried to fix it the last time messed it up. I was so mad. Too bad I'm a little to passive sometimes, because the original repair man ended up with $70 of my money, for messing up my computer. Oh well, now Eric is sending me his laptop so I can take it to the guy down the street to fix it too. Stupid computers, they're very nice to have, but yet, when they mess up, boy are they are a pain in the butt!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hello I found your site from Charla's. So sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time finding a place to live. And I so understand having everything you own in a storage unit. We have most of our stuff in a storage unit that is 15 hours away from us now.... Gotta love combining your stuff!!!

Courtney said...

You'll make it girl! We all will. We'll stick together & I'm here for ya anytime!