Friday, March 17, 2006

After I posted yesterday, my friend called. She called to see if I wanted to go out and talk. I figured it was either that or lose my mind, so I went. She was my best friend in high school, but since then we have drifted apart. I hadn't seen her for over a year this time, and we've only talked a few times on the phone. Since I moved out of state and married into the military, we really don't have much in common. She's married to a guy that works in the oilfield, so she doesn't really have to deal with him being gone too much, just a few days every now and then. Anyways, I went out with her, and we went out to a restaurant and just sat there and talked for a couple hours. I had a pretty good time. She told me that her husband had just gotten home after being gone for two weeks. I don't know what she expected me to say, but she didn't get much out of me for that. I tried to stay off the topic of the deployment that we're going through, I figured I don't want to lay my burdens all over someone I haven't really talked to for a while. We talked about our high school reunion. I can't believe it, it's been 5 yrs this yr. That's crazy, I can't believe it. I have no desire to even go to the stupid thing. I really don't miss the people from high school. I'm more interested in getting ready for my husband to come home.

So, I started a "Welcome Home" banner for Eric today. I know, I still have over a month to go, but I'm not one to wait. I like to get things done before they need to be done. I'm definitely not a procrastinator. So, I started it, but don't know if I like where it's going. Of course, it's for his R&R, so I will have to do an even bigger one when he comes home for good. I got a call today from my "point of contact" for the FRG, but didn't answer. It's the 2nd call they've made to me the 4 months he's been gone. She left a message telling me she just wanted to make sure I didn't need anything, and let me know they're here for me, lol... Oh well, anyways, It's finally raining here. We haven't had any kind of moisture for about 3 months, I think. We had the mildest winter ever. It snowed twice, both times disappearing the next day. It was in the 60s and 70s most of the time. So, it's one of those stay in bed type days. Suits me, gives me a reason to read my books.

0 comments: