Wednesday, March 22, 2006

It's been a pretty good day today. I got to talk to Eric on the phone this morning, and since it was his day off, we chatted during the afternoon. We talked about what we want to do when he comes home for R&R. I don't really think we're going to do anything too exciting, except just spend time together. That's all I really want anyways. I have already reserved a room for the first two nights at a nice hotel. We are getting a suite. I've been trying to concentrate on my homework, but my mind keeps drifting to the time when we'll be together. It's getting very close. I know, I still have over a month, but I can't help but get excited. One month and some days seems like nothing when I compare it to the past almost 5 months. I can do this! Which makes it that much more exciting. I know that it is going to seem like forever (it already is) but we are almost there. My mom tried to tell me awhile back that she knew that it was going to be tough letting him go again. I don't even want to think about that yet! That is not my goal right now. Focus on the rewards for the long suffering, not the pain at the end of it. I will get through this first half, enjoy the time we will get to spend together, and then when I have to, I will deal with the second half. Until then, I'm happy to sit and stare blankly at my book, smiling about the time that is to come.

0 comments: