Saturday, March 18, 2006

Last night was a horrible night, probably the worst since the night that Eric actually left. I couldn't get to sleep, and I just laid in bed crying. I usually don't let myself wallow around in this whole situation, but last night I felt I couldn't help it. I think a big part of it is that I feel completely out of place here at this house. My parent's house. It's not our house. It doesn't belong to Eric and me, and the things in are not our things. The only things that I have of ours are in my bedroom. A little room that is also connected to the laundry room. There is no real privacy. When I moved in here my family told me to "take it and make it your own little get-a-way". The forgot to tell me that in my own little get-a-way I would constantly be intruded on by someone or another wanting to do a load of laundry, or needing to see if the clothes are dry, or if we have enough laundry soap. My mom is always walking in with a basket on her hip saying, "I'm lauderin" (we're from Oklahoma, lol). I know that they don't mean anything by it, but sometimes I want to shout, "just leave me be for 10 mins in peace, please!" This private little room that was supposed to be my own hide out for the times when I'm not feeling sociable has turned into Grand Central Station. Don't get me wrong, I love my family and I'm glad that they let me move back in. I don't know if I would do well on my own right now, but it's as if they don't have eyes and ears to see when I would rather not be bothered. I sometimes wonder where people's common sense is. I guess I just have to deal with it. Hopefully I'll get a better night's sleep tonight and so that I can get out of this funk. It seems as if I've fell into it ever since I said I try to stay in the positive thinking mode, figures.

0 comments: