Sunday, March 26, 2006

Well, I finally finished it. I'm done reading "Chicken Soup for the Military Wife's Soul." It took a week longer than I planned, but it's done. From that book and "A Year of absence," I would have to say that it's a tough call. Both of them are good, and they both made me cry like a little baby. I am glad that I'm done with them though.

At the end of the week Eric is going to do his DCS briefing, to be able to go on R&R in May. I find that exciting. That means that we are getting close. Ok, so it's still over a month away, but it's getting here, and that's all that counts. The briefing is just a sign of what is to come, so the thought of it is thrilling. Eric told me that he wants to change his MOS. He wants to feel more useful. I tried to explain to him that everyone does their part to make the Army run. He said he understands that, but he'd still like a change. I guess I can understand that. We made a deal to think about it, and to both come up with jobs that would be acceptable to the both of us. After all, we can't just think of ourselves. I mean, sooner or later we will be having children, and they will be affected by all of this too. So far, I've come up with two jobs that I think would be alright, but he didn't seem to enthused when I told him about them. That's alright though, that's the whole concept of compromise. We'll figure it out, just like we have everything else that has been thrown our way.

1 comments:

Courtney said...

I know how it is to feel like it is getting closer. I was ecstatic when I found out that Danny was coming home in April. Any news brings you one step closer to being reunited. Oh and I hope you two figure out what MOS he should be.