Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Eric went to get his driver's license this morning. I guess you can't drive regular vehicles over there with a driver's license from over here. So, he had to sit through a 45 min class and take a written test. A big waste of time, in my opinion, but that's ok, he passed. I miss him like crazy today. We did have a long conversation on the phone today, and that was very nice. We talked about all sorts of things, from my crazy family, to our reunion when he comes home for R&R. We have a couple months to go, but it gets closer with every day that passes, and somehow that gives me a little comfort. Nothing really gives me too much comfort, but I try to look at the bright side of things for the most part. I have come a long ways in the 4 months that he's been gone. I have realized that this has made me realize how important he is to me. It has shown me that I love him more than I thought I did. I always knew that I loved him, but this has brought it to my attention exactly how much I love him, and need him. The appreciation that I have for Eric now is more than I have ever felt for anyone. He always did so much for me and for us, and I don't think that I ever gave him the credit that he deserved. Although I hate him being gone, I do appreciate the chance to see how much I do appreciate him, so that I can show him when he comes home. I am trying to show him while he's gone, as well. I always try to do little things for him, things that I think he would appreciate. For example, I took a bunch of pictures and put them together to give him a "tour" of this part of Oklahoma. We used to go driving around a lot, just enjoying the scenery, and since he's gone I thought he might like to see some of the things he misses now. He got it yesterday, and was really touched by it. He emailed me and told me how much he enjoyed going on the tour with me.

I think that he has changed since he's been gone too. He does little things for me to make me feel special too. We used to watch a show together, "Grounded For Life", and he found the first season on DVD over there (why they have it over there, I have no idea) and he bought it for me and sent it as a surprise. He wrote in his letter that he seen it and thought of me, and wanted me to know how much he misses me and loves me. Things like that just melt my heart. I love him so much. He is so sweet. So, when I look on the bright side I see that there has been good come out of this thing. Sometimes it takes me a while to get to that frame of mind though, but at least I am able to most of the time.

0 comments: