Wednesday, March 29, 2006

One of Eric's old friends got a hold of me through myspace. I still have no clue as to how he found me. Anyways, he sent me a message asking about Eric. He didn't know that Eric was overseas. So, I let him know that he's gone. It was weird getting a message out of the blue from him. I've only met him once.

Eric and I decided to celebrate our anniversary while he's here, since he'll be gone when it comes around in October. So, I ordered his gift today. I ordered him an Army pocket watch, engraved with his name on it. I thought it would be something that he would like, I hope it is. I feel bad. I was doing my afternoon walk and when I came back to my room I seen that Eric had tried to get a hold of me on the computer. I felt so bad when I seen that he was gone. He hasn't gotten back on either, so he must be busy now. That's the first time I've missed him when he's tried to get in contact with me, since he's been gone. I know it will be ok, but it still doesn't feel very good.

I hate trying to talk to people about Eric being gone. It irks me, big time. I try to say something, and the next thing I know they're saying, "Well, it's kind of like..." No it's not!!! It's not like anything they've ever experienced before, so stop comparing it! Since the beginning I've tried not to talk to anyone about it, minus the people on here who actually DO understand. It's aggravating and very annoying, so why try?

1 comments:

Courtney said...

I remember the first time I missed a call from Danny. I was at a Christmas Party being held for the college orchestra. Someone brought their kids and they were watching tv and had it turned up really loud so I couldn't hear my phone ring. Well I heard it but it was too late, I had it in my hand when it went to the voicemail. I was about to cry. But I knew I couldn't because it would be weird for everyone there because I would be hystarical and there would be nothing anyone could do. From then on I told Danny if I don't answer the first time, always call back right after. And so far it has saved us once when I didn't answer because I was sleeping.